Annual Report 2011 - 2012
A brief report of the school, administrative and extra curricular activities undertaken by the institution during the academic year 2011 – 2012 is as follows:
The academic session began with a happy note as our students of Class X secured100% pass percentage with 89% first classes in the board examinations.
The school observed World Environment Day by organizing the activities like “Route March”, planting of saplings, making of paper bags, “Make the Best out of Waste”, drawing competition and watering the plants. Apart from these activities, the high school students initiated Rainwater harvesting within the campus.
Investiture ceremony, the first official programme was conducted in the assembly. Newly inducted leaders were awarded with badges by our administrator Sri S. K. Nair.
Kinderfest/the best Baby contest for the children of age group 2-4 years was conducted on the 19th of June. Children from V’pura and the nearby layouts participated enthusiastically.
Independence Day was celebrated with due solemnity. Lt Colonel K. C. Achappa hoisted our National flag. Karate and Aerobics display were the highlights of the day.
Teachers’ Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm. Students displayed their love and affection for their teachers by arranging colourful programmes and games.
Children’s Day celebrations began with the offering of floral tribute to the great leader Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru which was followed by variety entertainments by teachers for their dear ones. Greeting Card making, vegetable carving, flower arrangement and Rangoli competitions were part of the programme.
National Education Day was observed commemorating the birthday of Dr Moulana Abul Kalam Azad on the 11th of November. We were honoured to receive messages from Honourable Prime Minister Dr Man Mohan Singh and honourable Chief Minister Sri Sadhanand Gowda on the occasion.
Creative writing and Role Plays were conducted as part of Vigilance Awareness Week commemorating the birthday of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
Annual Athletic Meet and Inter school athletic meet were conducted at NTI grounds on 15-Oct-11 . Mr Yoga Narasimha, umpire Karnataka state cricket academy declared the sports meet open.
A display of pyramids, Aerobics and Kinder fun events were the highlights. Emarald house bagged the Rolling trophy for the best house.
Apart from the various inter house competitions, students participated in many Interschool Programmes:
- An interactive session on the topic ‘Drug Abuse’ was conducted on 15th July The students of Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir and our students shared their views on drug abuse - the cause and effects.
- Spot painting competition organised by RTO at ITI park .
- Dance competition at Bal Bhavan organized by DHIE
- Painting competition organized by Central Ground Water Board and CBSE
- Our students participated in the Heritage quiz contest organized by CBSE
at Sri Vani Education Center
- Painting competition on energy conservation organized by CBSE
in association with CPRI Bangalore
- Creative writing organized by “Just books” organization.
- Chemfest organized by our sister concern ,DMCS,Banasawadi.
Inter School examinations
- National Olympiad exams organized by Science Olympiad Foundation
and Green Olympiad by CBSE
- ACE talent search examination in Mathematics for Class X
Our students of the high school enjoyed the trip to Goa and middle school to Madikere. They were asked to present travelogues and the best travelogues that won Chairman’s award found place in the souvenir.
- A one day trip for nursery children to Jade gardens and middle school students to Wonder La were organized.
Health Check up:
Annual health check up and dental check up were conducted in the month of September.
Programmes organized to facilitate students’ holistic development include
-Seminar on Space Science and Technology conducted by Sri Nagaraj,Ex scientist – ISRO Satellite Centre
- An interactive seminar on “My Dreams & Goals” by Mr. Suresh Kumar.
- A talk on “Love for Life” by Ms Maduri, Lead enterprises
- A workshop on embroidery conducted by Ms Sridevi, Madura Coats
Pvt Ltd ..
The badge ceremony for scouts and guides and a rally organized by the Bharath Scouts and Guides ,Local Association.
Art and Science project exhibition, Commemorating Republic Day celebrations.
- A workshop on CCE for the benefit of parents
E –week organized in the campus in collaboration with M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology .
“Gems” our school monthly news letter is the platform to showcase the students’ creative skills . GEMS ,the Annual Day the special issue , is a Souvenir issue which contains the highlights of all the events and achievements we have made this academic year .
‘PARV’ was the theme of Annual Day programme conducted on 23rd December 2011 which echoed the principle of education ‘Emphasis is on life’ .MrsManjula Devi,Principal, Police Public School ,Bangalore was the Guest Of Honor on the occasion .
Under the astute leadership of Chairman Dr Joseph VG , the school boasts of atmosphere that encourages students to strive for excellence to realize their fullest potential in all areas of their lives.